Postdoctoral Fellow Scheme
We are delighted to announce an open call for postdoctoral applications at Universiti Brunei Darussalam. As a leading research University, we are seeking highly qualified researchers who are dedicated to making a significant impact in their chosen field. In order to be eligible, applicants must demonstrate a track record of publishing high-quality research papers in reputable academic journals. This is essential as we expect our scholars to continue producing research that contributes to the advancement of knowledge and innovation. At Universiti Brunei Darussalam, we offer a supportive and dynamic research environment that provides scholars with the resources, expertise, and mentorship they require to achieve their research goals. Our postdoctoral program is open-ended, and there is no deadline for submitting applications. Individual applications will be evaluated by a Committee and the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
To apply, please find your potential collaborator through the UBD website (https://ubd.edu.bn/), submit your curriculum vitae, a research proposal, and a list of your published works through our online application system. We encourage you to explore our website to learn more about our research facilities and faculties.
We welcome applications from researchers from all over the world, and we are committed to promoting diversity and inclusivity within the University.
- PhD from a university recognised by UBD
- Early Career academics (less than 5 years after PhD).
- Applicants are under 40 years old.
- Highly motivated and proactive with some research experience.
- BND 3,093.20 per month
- Seven (7) days paid annual leave per year
- One (1) month bonus after the successful completion of one (1) year contract. For fellows who have served less than one (1) year, the bonus will be prorated.
- Access to the internet, library and office space.
- On-campus accommodations, including utilities for international fellows.
- One (1) economy air ticket to Brunei Darussalam and one (1) economy return ticket upon completing the whole period of the fellowship will be provided for international fellows.
- Conduct new or continue existing research, The postdoctoral fellow may apply a joint grant proposal with UBD researchers.
- Publish research papers and journal articles. Co-publishing with UBD researchers is encouraged.
- The fellow may contribute towards the teaching in FICs to gain teaching experience.
- Present seminars at respective FICs.
How to apply
- Application Form
- A full curriculum vitae, including publication list and impact factor.
- One-page personal statement that includes research interest and research involvement
- A research proposal not exceeding two (2) pages.
The Centre for Advanced Research (CARe) is working on a book project ‘Social Welfare in Brunei Darussalam’ and seeks to hire one (1) full-time Research Assistant (Editorial Assistant) for a period of a month starting from January 2024.
Providing administrative support to the Editorial team such as compiling manuscripts, editing manuscripts and organising a workshop
We seek candidates with these attributes
- Excellence in written English.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Mendeley for references.
- Experience in copy-editing scientific publications.
- Excellence in documentation.
- Preferably, having at least an undergraduate degree in social sciences, economics, or language.
Interested candidates are to submit softcopies of the following documents to alif. email@example.com by 30th November 2023:
- Cover letter
- MA or MSc Certificate and Transcript
- A Copy on National ID